The Senior Software Engineer is a fully participating member of an agile feature team working independently on software development and problem resolution. The role involves technical design, software development, implementation and maintenance software solutions/products that support the Emirates Group Business.
What You’ll Be Expected To Do:
- Work with senior technical engineers in the technical design process by contributing in the analysis of technical application requirements;
- Convert technical solutions for small-to-medium sized initiatives into low level design and working code;
- Independently write secure and optimized code through implementation of Emirates Group approved coding standards;
- Be part of the rotational on-call support and actively participate in resolving production issues within SLAs with minimal or no active supervision;
- Accountable for built-in quality and ensuring 100% unit testing as part of the CI/CD pipeline;
- Analyse and fix all identified defects with minimal rework;
- Ensure re-factoring practices are adequately adopted to ensure minimum code debt;
- Ensure logging and monitoring hooks are implemented as part of the code development;
- Continuously stay up to date in the relevant technologies and implement the learnings to enhance the code quality;
- Adhere to the Emirates Group IT coding standards, guidelines and best practices and contribute to Software Engineering Playbooks and other Standards documents.
What We Offer
This is your chance to work on challenging projects across different brands and businesses within the Emirates Group’s global portfolio.
Based in dynamic Dubai, you can enjoy all the benefits of a cosmopolitan lifestyle and a great work-life balance. That’s on top of a tax-free salary and amazing travel perks.